Our Emissions Watch Publication
Emissions WatchTM – This quarterly publication contains ESAI Power’s outlooks and views on the emissions markets. ESAI provides regular updates and analysis on developments in the SO2, NOx and CO2 emissions markets as well as price forecasts for state and regional markets. In addition, regular updates are provided on the RGGI program as well as other state-specific emissions programs.
ESAI Power closely follows carbon market developments at the federal, regional and state levels that impact the emissions markets. At the federal level, ESAI Power reports on changes to existing regulations (i.e., Mercury & Air Toxics and CSAPR Rules) as well as analyzing the potential impacts of new and proposed regulations. In addition, ESAI provides price projections for SO2 and NOx (annual and seasonal) allowances.
ESAI Power closely follows carbon market developments at the federal, regional and state levels that impact the emissions markets. At the federal level, ESAI Power reports on changes to existing regulations (i.e., Mercury & Air Toxics and CSAPR Rules) as well as analyzes the potential impacts of new and proposed regulations. In addition, ESAI provides price projections for SO2 and NOx (annual and seasonal) allowances.
Download Our Emissions Watch Product Brochure
At the regional level, ESAI Power provides coverage of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI). Specifically, a 10-year allowance price forecast and CO2 emissions projections through 2031. ESAI Power also monitors changes to the RGGI program stemming from periodic scheduled program reviews. In the past, changes have included downward revisions to the annual cap and the establishment of the Cost Containment Reserve (CCR) and Emissions Containment Reserve (ECR) that are intended to either increase or decrease the number of allowances in circulation depending on whether allowance prices either exceed or fall below-established price levels.
At the state level, ESAI provides coverage on state-specific initiatives such as the Massachusetts CO2 Cap regulation.
Request a Emissions Watch Sample Report
Read Our Emissions Watch Blog Posts
ESAI Power LLC
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 640
Wakefield, MA 01880
ESAI Power is a market research and consulting firm that delivers focused analysis of the wholesale power markets in the Northeast region of the US: PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE. Since 2001, ESAI has been providing market-focused research product content and custom consulting services for Northeast power market participants including investors (banks, private equity, & hedge funds) & developers, generation owners & operators, utilities & retail electricity suppliers, regulators & RTOs, traders, and end-users & buyers.
Who We Serve
- All Content Offers
- Clean Energy Service Brochure
- Forecast Methodology Brochure
- Free Trial Report Request Form
- Investors & Developers Brochure
- Long-Term Forecasts Brochure
- Near Term Service Brochure
- Owners & Operators Brochure
- Power Purchasing Agreements WP
- Quarterly Power Service Brochure
- Subscribe To Our Newsletter
- Utilities & Electric Suppliers Brochure
- WholeView Service Brochure
- ISO-NE Forward Capacity Auction Forecast Track Record November 27, 2023
- PJM Capacity Auction Track Record 2016 – 2023 November 21, 2023
- ISO-NE Energy Watch Update | October 2023 | Energy Watch Blog October 11, 2023
- NYISO Capacity Prices Volatile Heading into Winter 2023-24 | Capacity Watch Blog October 9, 2023
- RGGI Auction 61 – Clearing Prices Up Nearly 9% | Emissions Watch Blog September 8, 2023
- Will Virginia leave RGGI? | Emissions News August 31, 2023
- PJM Interconnection Process Update | Generation Asset Monitor Blog July 24, 2023
- NYISO Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog July 3, 2023
- RGGI Auction 60 – Clearing Price of $12.73/ton | Emissions Watch Blog June 9, 2023
- MISO PRA Scheduled to start April 18th | Capacity Watch Blog March 28, 2023
- Platts Global Power Markets™ Conference April 17-19 March 28, 2023
- Power and Energy Markets Analyst March 17, 2023
- Senior Research Manager March 16, 2023
- RGGI Auction 59 – Clearing Price of $12.50/ton | Emissions Watch Blog March 10, 2023
- ISO-NE FCA17 Auction Dynamics and Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog February 24, 2023