Power and Energy Markets Analyst
ESAI Power is a growing economic research and consulting firm focused on energy and environmental policy in the context of investment and management of North America’s wholesale electricity, renewable energy, environmental, and natural gas markets. Located in Wakefield, MA, the firm provides expertise that enhances transparency, competitiveness, efficiency, and transformation in the power, renewable energy and natural gas industries. ESAI serves a wide range of clients through research reports, market forecasts, and custom consulting services. We foster a collaborative and professionally fulfilling culture within our growing team of industry experts.
ESAI Power is seeking candidates for analyst positions to support our growing market research and consulting practice. Successful candidates will have a degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Energy & Environmental Policy, or Power Systems Engineering, and/or 3-4 years of relevant experience. A sincere interest in the electricity industry, renewable energy, & environmental issues, along with an understanding of economics, excellent analytical, writing & presentation skills are essential.
- Produce or support the production of market forecasts using economic modeling tools and industry data sets
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of databases of market outcomes and fundamental supply and demand information for electricity, renewable energy, tradable emissions allowances, and natural gas markets
- Contributions to routine research and analysis published in periodic reports distributed to firm’s client base
- Support consulting engagements, including assisting with analysis and report production.
- Creating and updating written reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Energy/Environmental Policy, or Power Systems Engineering
- And/or 1 – 3 years of relevant experience and demonstrable knowledge of competitive energy markets, power systems, renewable energy, and/or environmental policy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some basic programming skills are required; experience with MATLAB, Python, SQL Server, statistical software packages, or economic modeling tools is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Research skills to formulate insightful research questions and thoughtfully obtain market intelligence and compile available data.
- Ability to develop expertise about the economic, environmental, public policy, and technical aspects of the energy industry that is valuable to ESAI clients
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proven critical thinking skills and ability to write clearly on complex topics
- Willingness and flexibility to work some weekends and evenings, as needed to meet client deadlines, within a firm committed to allowing its employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Apply for the position
Thank you for your interest in ESAI Power. Please fill out the form to apply for the Power and Energy Markets Analyst position with your contact data and attaching your cover letter & resume. A member of our team will get back to you within 2-3 business days.