Our Transmission Watch Publication
Transmission WatchTM – This quarterly transmission report provides expert insights into regional reliability issues, economic congestion relief and public policy drivers in the context of RTO transmission planning processes and State transmission policies. ESAI Power analyzes regulatory and policy initiatives that affect transmission investments of incumbent transmission organizations and independent developers and provides regular updates on the progress of significant transmission projects.
ESAI Power continuously monitors and analyzes transmission proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and State public utility commissions (PUC), with a specific focus on FERC Order 1000 implementation, competitive transmission development, public policy transmission needs, and the transmission expansion required to facilitate state’s renewable and clean energy goals. We assess regulatory and policy risks for transmission developments and advise clients on investment climate and opportunities.
ESAI Power tracks transmission infrastructure investments across the Northeast from conception to completion. We monitor the transmission planning processes in PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE and deploy market simulation models to analyze the impacts of individual transmission projects on energy, congestion, and capacity markets. We support developers in quantifying project benefits and market impacts and stand at the ready to serve as expert witnesses in State siting proceedings.
Transmission Watch Brochure Download
We monitor transmission planning processes in PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE and deploy market simulation models to analyze the impacts of individual transmission projects on energy, congestion, and capacity markets.
Read Our Transmission Watch Blog Posts
ESAI Power LLC
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 640
Wakefield, MA 01880
ESAI Power is a market research and consulting firm that delivers focused analysis of the wholesale power markets in the Northeast region of the US: PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE. Since 2001, ESAI has been providing market-focused research product content and custom consulting services for Northeast power market participants including investors (banks, private equity, & hedge funds) & developers, generation owners & operators, utilities & retail electricity suppliers, regulators & RTOs, traders, and end-users & buyers.
Who We Serve
- All Content Offers
- Clean Energy Service Brochure
- Forecast Methodology Brochure
- Free Trial Report Request Form
- Investors & Developers Brochure
- Long-Term Forecasts Brochure
- Near Term Service Brochure
- Owners & Operators Brochure
- Power Purchasing Agreements WP
- Quarterly Power Service Brochure
- Subscribe To Our Newsletter
- Utilities & Electric Suppliers Brochure
- WholeView Service Brochure
- RGGI Auction 61 – Clearing Prices Up Nearly 9% | Emissions Watch Blog September 8, 2023
- Will Virginia leave RGGI? | Emissions News August 31, 2023
- PJM Interconnection Process Update | Generation Asset Monitor Blog July 24, 2023
- NYISO Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog July 3, 2023
- RGGI Auction 60 – Clearing Price of $12.73/ton | Emissions Watch Blog June 9, 2023
- MISO PRA Scheduled to start April 18th | Capacity Watch Blog March 28, 2023
- Platts Global Power Markets™ Conference April 17-19 March 28, 2023
- Power and Energy Markets Analyst March 17, 2023
- Senior Research Manager March 16, 2023
- RGGI Auction 59 – Clearing Price of $12.50/ton | Emissions Watch Blog March 10, 2023
- ISO-NE FCA17 Auction Dynamics and Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog February 24, 2023
- PM2.5 and NAAQS Update | Emissions Watch Blog February 15, 2023
- FERC Approved PJM Queue Reform Proposal | Renewables Watch Blog February 2, 2023
- EPA Proposes Tightening Fine Particulate Matter Standard, Potentially Affecting Coal Power Plants | Emissions News January 6, 2023
- RGGI Auction 58 Clears at $12.99 | Emissions Watch Blog December 9, 2022