Our Renewables Watch Publication
Renewables WatchTM is a quarterly report covering ongoing developments in clean energy and renewable power. Renewables WatchTM brings the same detailed coverage the ESAI Power team has provided for the capacity, energy, and emissions allowance markets to the renewable energy sector.
Renewables WatchTM provides a quarterly update of regulatory and market factors for solar, wind, hydroelectric, & storage for most of the Eastern United States. Renewables WatchTM provides Class I REC (Renewable Energy Certificates) Price outlooks to 2031 for the ISO-NE & PJM power generation and transmission system as well as the Supply & Demand Balance forecasts for the NYISO power generation and transmission system. Renewables WatchTM outlines regulatory and market factors that impact the supply and demand balance forecast for Class I RECs and project the supply and demand balance forecast for the next decade.
ESAI Power’s coverage of renewables includes:
- Class I REC price forecasts and factors driving changes to Class I supply & demand balance, including:
- Changes to individual state Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) mandates;
- Revisions to ISO load forecasts;
- State RFPs (Class I land-based and offshore wind resources); and
- Status of renewable generation development.
- Renewable energy development trends such as costs of renewable energy technologies, and the changing penetration of different technology types.
- Coverage of relevant federal issues such as offshore wind permitting, and Investment Tax Credit and Production Tax Credit status.
Renewable Watch Brochure Download
ESAI Power evaluates the renewable energy issues, markets and trends in the PJM, New York, and New England market footprints. Coverage includes solar, onshore and offshore wind, hydroelectric, and storage. For each region, ESAI Power details the regulatory and market factors that impact the supply and demand balance for Class I Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) and projects the supply and demand balance of Class I RECs through 2030. Based on these projections, ESAI Power provides a Class I REC price forecast for the New England and PJM footprints and closely monitors renewable energy supply and demand developments in New York.
Our Renewables WatchTM service focuses on state and federal policies for clean energy, renewable power, and decarbonization and how the goals of these policies will be met. Subscribers to Renewables WatchTM receive quarterly updates about the supply and demand balance for renewable energy and ESAI Power’s forecast for renewable energy credit (REC) prices in PJM, ISO-NE & NYISO. This ongoing, in-depth coverage provides developers, investors, regulators, and policymakers with an up-to-date, detailed picture of the clean energy sector outlook, ongoing policy developments, and the outlook for related markets.
Each of the first four quarterly issues will provide a comprehensive and in-depth overview of a selected set of topics. Future issues will provide updates in these areas. The first four issues will provide a comprehensive reference with detailed background information about clean energy mandates, decarbonization policy, development/investment opportunities, and market outcomes. ESAI will continue to make these background documents available to subscribers, along with providing updates through the ongoing quarterly issues of Renewables WatchTM.
We provide Class I REC price forecasting and analysis of market and policy issues.
Renewables WatchTM focuses on:
- Participation by renewable and storage resources in the Northeast Installed Capacity Markets
- State Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) requirements and associated supply, including information on projects selected in various renewable RFPs, historical data pertaining to RPS compliance, and how they affect the outlook for Class I REC prices
- Other state and federal incentives for Class I resources and associated infrastructure
- An overview of battery storage mandates and incentives by state
ESAI Power welcomes the opportunity to engage with existing customers and new companies to discuss Renewables Watch, discuss the contents of the report, and gain valuable feedback on what subscribers would like to see in future reports. Representative potential topics for future issues and ongoing coverage currently are:
- Progress towards decarbonization goals
- Electrification and power demand
- Class II REC programs and carve-outs within Class I programs
- Polices and incentives for distributed renewable generation and storage resources
- Capital costs and technology advancements in the clean energy sector
Read our Renewables Watch Blog Posts
Read our Renewables Watch blog posts as we evaluate the renewable energy issues, markets, and trends in the PJM, New York, and New England market footprints. Coverage includes solar, onshore and offshore wind, hydroelectric, and storage. We share the latest regulatory and market factors that impact the supply and demand balance for Class I Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) and provide the supply and demand balance of Class I RECs through 2030.
Renewable Energy PPA Trends & Outlook | Renewables Watch Blog
Renewable Energy Development Challenges | Renewables Watch Blog
Please contact us for more information about our research product publications or our consulting services.
ESAI Power LLC
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 640
Wakefield, MA 01880
ESAI Power is a market research and consulting firm that delivers focused analysis of the wholesale power markets in the Northeast region of the US: PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE. Since 2001, ESAI has been providing market-focused research product content and custom consulting services for Northeast power market participants including investors (banks, private equity, & hedge funds) & developers, generation owners & operators, utilities & retail electricity suppliers, regulators & RTOs, traders, and end-users & buyers.
Who We Serve
- All Content Offers
- Clean Energy Service Brochure
- Forecast Methodology Brochure
- Free Trial Report Request Form
- Investors & Developers Brochure
- Long-Term Forecasts Brochure
- Near Term Service Brochure
- Owners & Operators Brochure
- Power Purchasing Agreements WP
- Quarterly Power Service Brochure
- Subscribe To Our Newsletter
- Utilities & Electric Suppliers Brochure
- WholeView Service Brochure
- MISO PRA Scheduled to start April 18th | Capacity Watch Blog March 28, 2023
- NYISO Summer Strip Auction Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog March 27, 2023
- Power and Energy Markets Analyst March 17, 2023
- Senior Research Manager March 16, 2023
- RGGI Auction 59 – Clearing Price of $12.50/ton | Emissions Watch Blog March 10, 2023
- ISO-NE FCA17 Auction Dynamics and Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog February 24, 2023
- PM2.5 and NAAQS Update | Emissions Watch Blog February 15, 2023
- FERC Approved PJM Queue Reform Proposal | Renewables Watch Blog February 2, 2023
- EPA Proposes Tightening Fine Particulate Matter Standard, Potentially Affecting Coal Power Plants | Emissions News January 6, 2023
- RGGI Auction 58 Clears at $12.99 | Emissions Watch Blog December 9, 2022
- MISO Capacity Price Forecast PRA 2023/24 | Capacity Watch Blog November 2, 2022
- Persistent Congestion on NYISO’s Central East Interface: The End is in Sight | Congestion Watch Blog October 18, 2022
- PJM BRA 2024/25 Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog October 18, 2022
- Renewable Energy PPA Trends & Outlook | Renewables Watch Blog October 5, 2022
- RGGI Auction 57 Clears At $13.45, A 3% Drop | Emissions Watch Blog September 9, 2022