Power and Energy Markets Senior Analyst
ESAI Power is a growing economic research and consulting firm focused on energy and environmental policy in the context of investment and management of North America’s wholesale electricity, renewable energy, environmental, and natural gas markets. Located in Wakefield, MA, the firm provides expertise that enhances transparency, competitiveness, efficiency, and transformation in the renewable energy, power and natural gas industries. ESAI Power serves a wide range of clients through research reports, market forecasts, and custom M&A consulting services. We foster a collaborative and professionally fulfilling culture within our growing team of industry experts.
ESAI Power is seeking candidates for senior analyst positions to support our growing market research and consulting practice. Successful candidates will have a degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Energy & Environmental Policy, or Power Systems Engineering, and/or 4+ years relevant experience. A sincere interest in the electricity industry, renewable energy, & environmental issues, along with an understanding of economics. Excellent analytical, writing & presentation skills are essential.
- Produce and support production of market forecasts using economic modeling tools and industry data
- Contribute to the development & maintenance of databases of market outcomes and fundamental supply and demand information for electricity, renewable energy credits, tradable emissions allowances, and natural gas markets.
- Contribute to research and analysis published in periodic reports distributed to our client
- Support consulting engagements, including assisting with analysis and report
- Creating and updating written reports and PowerPoint
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Energy/Environmental Policy, or Power Systems
- And/or 4+ years of relevant experience and demonstrable knowledge of competitive energy markets, power systems, renewable energy, and/or environmental policy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Some basic programming skills are required; experience with MATLAB, Python, SQL Server, statistical software packages, or economic modeling tools is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Research skills to formulate insightful research questions and thoughtfully obtain market intelligence and compile available data.
- Ability to develop expertise about the economic, environmental, public policy, and technical aspects of the energy industry that is valuable to ESAI Power clients.
- Strong quantitative
- Proven critical thinking skills and ability to write clearly on complex
- Willingness and flexibility to work some weekends and evenings, as needed to meet client deadlines, within a firm committed to allowing its employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Apply for the position
Thank you for your interest in ESAI Power. Please fill out the form to apply for the Power and Energy Markets Senior Analyst position with your contact data and attaching your cover letter & resume. A member of our team will get back to you within 2-3 business days.