Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) is an independent, not-for-profit, member-based organization responsible for operating the power grid across 15 U.S. states (Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, and Wisconsin) and the Canadian province of Manitoba. Over 42 million people are served by MISO to generate and transmit electricity. MISO has market capacity of 186,986 MW of electricity across 72, 000 miles of transmission lines. In addition to managing the power grid within our region, MISO administers the buying and selling of electricity, and partners with members and stakeholders to plan the grid of the future.
MISO Capacity Market Service
Every quarter, ESAI provides updates on supply & demand fundamentals, market rule developments, & policy changes that impact MISO capacity market outcomes. This service includes:
- Pre-Auction Briefing and forecast on the 2024/25 PRA.
- Quarterly Update summarizing recent developments related to the MISO RA market.
- Quarterly MISO PRA forecast update including a 10-year supply/demand outlook and a 10-year PRA forecast.
- MISO Generation Asset Monitor with New Capacity and Retirement Data.
- Full access to ESAI’s analyst team for research clarifications, decision support related to the MISO Capacity Market.
ESAI Power also monitors the ISO-NE, NYISO, and PJM wholesale power markets.