Long-Term Outlooks, Forecasts & Drivers
ESAI Power continuously monitors and conducts analysis of the capacity markets in New York, New England, PJM, MISO & CAISO. Capacity market projections incorporate detailed assessments of all market drivers including load projections, demand curve parameters, new capacity and retirements, and transmission constraints that impact locational delivery and pricing.
Every quarter, ESAI provides updates on supply and demand fundamentals, market rule developments, and policy changes that can affect capacity market outcomes. Subscribers can update their access to also include ESAI’s Energy Asset Database which provides detailed assessments of traditional and renewable projects under development and tracking of retirements. All facets of capacity markets are analyzed and discussed in ESAI’s Capacity WatchTM publication.
ESAI helps investors & generation owners navigate the NYISO, PJM, ISO-NE, CAISO & MISO Capacity markets.
ESAI works with investors, developers, generation owners and operators to navigate the complex Capacity markets and to understand the potential impacts of changing market conditions on the profitability of their businesses. ESAI produces 10-year Capacity outlooks for all of the capacity zones within PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE & MISO as well as providing insight into resource adequacy developments in CAISO.
MISO Capacity Service
ESAI recently launched capacity forecasts & analyses of the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO). Our MISO Capacity Market Service provides an in-depth 10-year supply and demand forecast on the MISO Capacity market. Every quarter, ESAI provides updates on supply & demand fundamentals, market rule developments, & policy changes that impact MISO capacity market outcomes. This service includes: a) Briefing and analysis on the most recent PRA results; b) Quarterly MISO PRA long-term forecast; c) Overview of FERC filings and rule changes and stakeholder discussions.
Our Capacity Watch Publication
Capacity WatchTM provides quarterly analysis of capacity markets and policy issues that impact capacity price outcomes over a 10-year forecast horizon. The impacts of new generation and retirements on reserve margin surpluses and forward capacity market values is updated and presented in each issue. Coverage includes:
- An evaluation of the outlook for the construction of each generation project in PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE and MISO.
- Pre & post Capacity auction briefings on PJM BRAs, ISO-NE FCAs, MISO PRAs with ongoing, in-depth NYISO Capacity market analysis.
- CAISO Capacity coverage includes Resource Adequacy, Capacity procurement, and the CAISO interconnection queue.
Quarterly Power Service subscribers can also gain access to ESAI’s Energy Asset Database which provides an evaluation of the outlook for the construction of generation projects and plant retirements in ISO-NE, NYISO, PJM & MISO.
Request a Capacity Watch Sample Report
Read Our Capacity Watch Blog Posts
Read our Capacity WatchTM blog posts to get the latest news about the capacity markets and policy issues that impact capacity price outcomes in the PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE, MISO & CAISO power markets.
ESAI Power LLC
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 640
Wakefield, MA 01880
ESAI Power is a market research and consulting firm that delivers focused analysis of the wholesale power markets in the Northeast region of the US: PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE. Since 2001, ESAI has been providing market-focused research product content and custom consulting services for Northeast power market participants including investors (banks, private equity, & hedge funds) & developers, generation owners & operators, utilities & retail electricity suppliers, regulators & RTOs, traders, and end-users & buyers.
Who We Serve
- All Content Offers
- Clean Energy Service Brochure
- Forecast Methodology Brochure
- Free Trial Report Request Form
- Investors & Developers Brochure
- Long-Term Forecasts Brochure
- Near Term Service Brochure
- Owners & Operators Brochure
- Power Purchasing Agreements WP
- Quarterly Power Service Brochure
- Subscribe To Our Newsletter
- Utilities & Electric Suppliers Brochure
- WholeView Service Brochure
- MISO Capacity Price Forecast PRA 2023/24 | Capacity Watch Blog November 2, 2022
- Persistent Congestion on NYISO’s Central East Interface: The End is in Sight | Congestion Watch Blog October 18, 2022
- PJM BRA 2024/25 Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog October 18, 2022
- Renewable Energy PPA Trends & Outlook | Renewables Watch Blog October 5, 2022
- RGGI Auction 57 Clears At $13.45, A 3% Drop | Emissions Watch Blog September 9, 2022
- Renewable Energy Development Challenges | Renewables Watch Blog July 19, 2022
- Supreme Court’s EPA Decision to Impact Coal Plant Retirements | Emissions News July 12, 2022
- Proposed EPA Rule Leads to Quadrupling Group 3 Ozone Season CSAPR NOx Prices | Emissions Watch Blog June 7, 2022
- RGGI Auction 56 Update: RGGI Auction Clears At $13.90 | Emissions Watch Blog June 3, 2022
- NYISO Central East Congestion to Moderate this summer | Congestion Watch Blog May 20, 2022
- ESAI Power Sponsors ACORE Renewable Energy Finance Forum | Renewables News May 17, 2022
- PJM BRA 2023/24 Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog May 13, 2022
- Are Power Forwards Overvalued for Summer 2022? | Energy Watch Blog May 11, 2022
- ISO-NE Proposes Ending MOPR in 2025, with a Transition Aimed at Protecting Grid Reliability | Energy News April 4, 2022
- Outage-Related Transmission Constraints to Impact Power Prices in PJM, NYISO & ISO-NE | Congestion Watch Blog March 23, 2022