Long-Term Outlooks, Forecasts & Drivers
ESAI Power continuously monitors and conducts analysis of the capacity markets in New York, New England, PJM, MISO & CAISO. Capacity market projections incorporate detailed assessments of all market drivers including load projections, demand curve parameters, new capacity and retirements, and transmission constraints that impact locational delivery and pricing.
Every quarter, ESAI provides updates on supply and demand fundamentals, market rule developments, and policy changes that can affect capacity market outcomes. Subscribers can update their access to also include ESAI’s Generation Asset Monitor (GAM) which provides detailed assessments of traditional and renewable projects under development and tracking of retirements. All facets of capacity markets are analyzed and discussed in ESAI’s Capacity WatchTM publication.
ESAI helps investors & generation owners navigate the NYISO, PJM, ISO-NE & MISO Capacity markets.
ESAI works with investors, developers, generation owners and operators to navigate the complex Capacity markets and to understand the potential impacts of changing market conditions on the profitability of their businesses. ESAI produces 10-year Capacity outlooks for all of the capacity zones within PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE & MISO as well as providing insight into resource adequacy developments in CAISO.
MISO Capacity Service
Our MISO Capacity Market Service provides an in-depth 10-year supply and demand forecast on the MISO Capacity market. Every quarter, ESAI provides updates on supply & demand fundamentals, market rule developments, & policy changes that impact MISO capacity market outcomes. This service includes: a) Briefing and analysis on the most recent PRA results; b) Quarterly MISO PRA long-term forecast; c) Overview of FERC filings and rule changes and stakeholder discussions.
Our Capacity Watch Publication
Capacity WatchTM provides quarterly analysis of capacity markets and policy issues that impact capacity price outcomes over a 10-year forecast horizon. The impacts of new generation and retirements on reserve margin surpluses and forward capacity market values is updated and presented in each issue. Coverage includes:
- An evaluation of the outlook for the construction of each generation project in PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE and MISO.
- Pre & post Capacity auction briefings on PJM BRAs, ISO-NE FCAs, MISO PRAs with ongoing, in-depth NYISO Capacity market analysis.
Benchmark Power Service subscribers can also gain access to ESAI’s Generation Asset Monitor which provides an evaluation of the outlook for the construction of generation projects and plant retirements in ISO-NE, NYISO, PJM & MISO.
Request a Capacity Watch Sample Report
Read Our Capacity Watch Blog Posts
Read our Capacity WatchTM blog posts to get the latest news about the capacity markets and policy issues that impact capacity price outcomes in the PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE, & MISO power markets.
ESAI Power LLC
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 640
Wakefield, MA 01880
ESAI Power is a market research and consulting firm that delivers focused analysis of the wholesale power markets in the Northeast region of the US: PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE. Since 2001, ESAI has been providing market-focused research product content and custom consulting services for Northeast power market participants including investors (banks, private equity, & hedge funds) & developers, generation owners & operators, utilities & retail electricity suppliers, regulators & RTOs, traders, and end-users & buyers.
Who We Serve
- All Content Offers
- Clean Energy Service Brochure
- Forecast Methodology Brochure
- Free Trial Report Request Form
- Investors & Developers Brochure
- Long-Term Forecasts Brochure
- Near Term Service Brochure
- Owners & Operators Brochure
- Power Purchasing Agreements WP
- Quarterly Power Service Brochure
- Subscribe To Our Newsletter
- Utilities & Electric Suppliers Brochure
- WholeView Service Brochure
- RGGI Auction 61 – Clearing Prices Up Nearly 9% | Emissions Watch Blog September 8, 2023
- Will Virginia leave RGGI? | Emissions News August 31, 2023
- PJM Interconnection Process Update | Generation Asset Monitor Blog July 24, 2023
- NYISO Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog July 3, 2023
- RGGI Auction 60 – Clearing Price of $12.73/ton | Emissions Watch Blog June 9, 2023
- MISO PRA Scheduled to start April 18th | Capacity Watch Blog March 28, 2023
- Platts Global Power Markets™ Conference April 17-19 March 28, 2023
- Power and Energy Markets Analyst March 17, 2023
- Senior Research Manager March 16, 2023
- RGGI Auction 59 – Clearing Price of $12.50/ton | Emissions Watch Blog March 10, 2023
- ISO-NE FCA17 Auction Dynamics and Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog February 24, 2023
- PM2.5 and NAAQS Update | Emissions Watch Blog February 15, 2023
- FERC Approved PJM Queue Reform Proposal | Renewables Watch Blog February 2, 2023
- EPA Proposes Tightening Fine Particulate Matter Standard, Potentially Affecting Coal Power Plants | Emissions News January 6, 2023
- RGGI Auction 58 Clears at $12.99 | Emissions Watch Blog December 9, 2022