The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) operates New York State’s bulk electricity grid, administers the state’s wholesale electricity markets, and provides comprehensive reliability planning for the state’s bulk electricity system. NYISO began operating in 1999 and is based in Rensselaer, NY.
What Market Data and Analysis does ESAI provide on NYISO?
ESAI provides fundamental-based outlooks for generation owners, investors, developers, and energy traders. Subscribers receive market updates on important market events including Capacity auctions, RGGI auctions, NJ CO2 auctions, new Emissions and Renewables legislations, plus complete NYISO long-term price forecasts for Power, NatGas, Capacity, RECs, and Emissions prices.
ESAI Power’s market insights enable subscribers to:
- Make critical investment and trading decisions.
- Conduct effective energy asset revenue and gross margin analysis.
- Validate Asset valuation models and projections.
- Stay up to date with unbiased near-term and long-term price forecasts.
- Understand and manage market and regulatory risks.
- Test analytical models.
- Compare industry standard Capacity, Carbon, RECs, Energy & NatGas price forecast benchmarks.
In addition to NYISO, ESAI Power monitors ISO-NE, PJM and MISO.