RGGI Program Analysis and Price Forecasts at State & RTO Level
ESAI Power closely follows carbon market developments at the federal, regional and state levels that impact the emissions markets. At the federal level, ESAI Power reports on changes to existing regulations (i.e., Mercury & Air Toxics and CSAPR Rules) as well as analyzing the potential impacts of new and proposed regulations. In addition, ESAI provides price projections for SO2 and NOx (annual and seasonal) allowances.
At the regional level, ESAI Power provides coverage of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI). Specifically, a 10-year allowance price forecast and CO2 emissions projections through 2031. ESAI Power also monitors changes to the RGGI program stemming from periodic scheduled program reviews. In the past, changes have included downward revisions to the annual cap and the establishment of the Cost Containment Reserve (CCR) and Emissions Containment Reserve (ECR) that are intended to either increase or decrease the number of allowances in circulation depending on whether allowance prices either exceed or fall below-established price levels.
At the state level, ESAI provides coverage on state-specific initiatives such as the Massachusetts CO2 Cap regulation.
Our Emissions Watch Publication
Emissions WatchTM – This quarterly publication contains ESAI Power’s outlooks and views on the emissions markets. ESAI provides regular updates and analysis on developments in the SO2, NOx and CO2 emissions markets as well as price forecasts for state and regional markets. In addition, regular updates are provided on the RGGI program as well as other state-specific emissions programs.
Request a Emissions Watch Sample Report
ESAI Power LLC
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 640
Wakefield, MA 01880
ESAI Power is a market research and consulting firm that delivers focused analysis of the wholesale power markets in the Northeast region of the US: PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE. Since 2001, ESAI has been providing market-focused research product content and custom consulting services for Northeast power market participants including investors (banks, private equity, & hedge funds) & developers, generation owners & operators, utilities & retail electricity suppliers, regulators & RTOs, traders, and end-users & buyers.
Who We Serve
- Renewable Energy PPA Trends & Outlook | Renewables Watch Blog October 5, 2022
- RGGI Auction 57 Clears At $13.45, A 3% Drop | Emissions Watch Blog September 9, 2022
- Renewable Energy Development Challenges | Renewables Watch Blog July 19, 2022
- Supreme Court’s EPA Decision to Impact Coal Plant Retirements | Emissions News July 12, 2022
- Proposed EPA Rule Leads to Quadrupling Group 3 Ozone Season CSAPR NOx Prices | Emissions Watch Blog June 7, 2022
- RGGI Auction 56 Update: RGGI Auction Clears At $13.90 | Emissions Watch Blog June 3, 2022
- NYISO Central East Congestion to Moderate this summer | Congestion Watch Blog May 20, 2022
- ESAI Power Sponsors ACORE Renewable Energy Finance Forum | Renewables News May 17, 2022
- PJM BRA 2023/24 Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog May 13, 2022
- Are Power Forwards Overvalued for Summer 2022? | Energy Watch Blog May 11, 2022
- ISO-NE Proposes Ending MOPR in 2025, with a Transition Aimed at Protecting Grid Reliability | Energy News April 4, 2022
- Outage-Related Transmission Constraints to Impact Power Prices in PJM, NYISO & ISO-NE | Congestion Watch Blog March 23, 2022
- Coal Plant Owners Seek to Shut 3.2 GW in PJM in Face of Economic, Regulatory and Market Pressures | Emissions News March 22, 2022
- EPA Wastewater Rules and PJM Coal Retirements | Emissions Watch Blog March 1, 2022
- Regulations Affecting Coal Combustion Residuals (CCRs) Under EPA Rules | Energy Watch Blog February 24, 2022