Transmission Concerns, Project Financing, & Key Policy Changes
ESAI Power continuously monitors and analyzes transmission proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and State public utility commissions (PUC), with a specific focus on FERC Order 1000 implementation, competitive transmission development, public policy transmission needs, and the transmission expansion required to facilitate state’s renewable and clean energy goals. We assess regulatory and policy risks for transmission developments and advise clients on investment climate and opportunities.
ESAI Power tracks transmission infrastructure investments across the Northeast from conception to completion. We monitor the transmission planning processes in PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE and deploy market simulation models to analyze the impacts of individual transmission projects on energy, congestion, and capacity markets. We support developers in quantifying project benefits and market impacts and stand at the ready to serve as expert witnesses in State siting proceedings.
We monitor transmission planning processes in PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE and deploy market simulation models to analyze the impacts of individual transmission projects on energy, congestion, and capacity markets.
Our Transmission Watch Publication
Transmission WatchTM – This quarterly transmission report provides expert insights into regional reliability issues, economic congestion relief and public policy drivers in the context of RTO transmission planning processes and State transmission policies. ESAI Power analyzes regulatory and policy initiatives that affect transmission investments of incumbent transmission organizations and independent developers and provides regular updates on the progress of significant transmission projects.
Our Latest Transmission Watch Blog Posts
ESAI Power LLC
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 640
Wakefield, MA 01880
ESAI Power is a market research and consulting firm that delivers focused analysis of the wholesale power markets in the Northeast region of the US: PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE. Since 2001, ESAI has been providing market-focused research product content and custom consulting services for Northeast power market participants including investors (banks, private equity, & hedge funds) & developers, generation owners & operators, utilities & retail electricity suppliers, regulators & RTOs, traders, and end-users & buyers.
Who We Serve
- Proposed EPA Rule Leads to Quadrupling Group 3 Ozone Season CSAPR NOx Prices | Emissions Watch Blog June 7, 2022
- RGGI Auction 56 Update: RGGI Auction Clears At $13.90 | Emissions Watch Blog June 3, 2022
- NYISO Central East Congestion to Moderate this summer | Congestion Watch Blog May 20, 2022
- ESAI Power Sponsors ACORE Renewable Energy Finance Forum | Renewables News May 17, 2022
- PJM BRA 2023/24 Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog May 13, 2022
- Are Power Forwards Overvalued for Summer 2022? | Energy Watch Blog May 11, 2022
- ISO-NE Proposes Ending MOPR in 2025, with a Transition Aimed at Protecting Grid Reliability | Energy News April 4, 2022
- Outage-Related Transmission Constraints to Impact Power Prices in PJM, NYISO & ISO-NE | Congestion Watch Blog March 23, 2022
- Coal Plant Owners Seek to Shut 3.2 GW in PJM in Face of Economic, Regulatory and Market Pressures | Emissions News March 22, 2022
- EPA Wastewater Rules and PJM Coal Retirements | Emissions Watch Blog March 1, 2022
- Regulations Affecting Coal Combustion Residuals (CCRs) Under EPA Rules | Energy Watch Blog February 24, 2022
- Power and Energy Markets Research Analyst February 17, 2022
- ISO-NE FCA16 Auction Parameters and Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog January 14, 2022
- Record LNG Exports Drive Domestic Demand | Natural Gas Watch Blog January 5, 2022
- FERC Orders PJM To Change Reserve Market Rules, Delay Capacity Auctions | Capacity News December 23, 2021