Renewable Energy Trends in ISO-New England, NYISO & PJM White Paper
Read An Abstract of the White Paper
ESAI has examined the interconnection queue data in each of the three Northeast power pools to identify trends in the generation capacity development by fuel type. Specifically, ESAI analyzed capacity additions to the queue by year and fuel type. Here are a few of the highlights from our analysis:
- Development of conventional generation has dwindled to very low levels across PJM, NYISO & ISO-New England.
- Development focus is now almost entirely focused on renewable energy to support demand created by growing state-mandated renewable targets.
- Development of onshore wind is declining significantly, especially in New York and New England, while the development of solar resources is surging.
- Offshore wind takes center stage as the technology with the highest volume of development in New York and New England at 34 GW and 22 GW respectively. At 20 GW, the development of offshore wind in PJM is slightly behind New York and New England.
- As a result of PJM’s larger size, offshore wind development lags NYISO and ISO-New England significantly on a percentage basis.
To read rest of the white paper, please fill out the form to the right.
Northeast Trends in Renewable Energy White Paper
To request this white paper, please fill in your contact details.
ESAI Power LLC
401 Edgewater Place, Suite 640
Wakefield, MA 01880
ESAI Power is a market research and consulting firm that delivers focused analysis of the wholesale power markets in the Northeast region of the US: PJM, NYISO, and ISO-NE. Since 2001, ESAI has been providing market-focused research product content and custom consulting services for Northeast power market participants including investors (banks, private equity, & hedge funds) & developers, generation owners & operators, utilities & retail electricity suppliers, regulators & RTOs, traders, and end-users & buyers.
Who We Serve
- All Content Offers
- Clean Energy Service Brochure
- Forecast Methodology Brochure
- Free Trial Report Request Form
- Investors & Developers Brochure
- Long-Term Forecasts Brochure
- Near Term Service Brochure
- Owners & Operators Brochure
- Power Purchasing Agreements WP
- Quarterly Power Service Brochure
- Subscribe To Our Newsletter
- Utilities & Electric Suppliers Brochure
- WholeView Service Brochure
- FERC Approved PJM Queue Reform Proposal | Renewables Watch Blog February 2, 2023
- EPA Proposes Tightening Fine Particulate Matter Standard, Potentially Affecting Coal Power Plants | Emissions News January 6, 2023
- RGGI Auction 58 Clears at $12.99 | Emissions Watch Blog December 9, 2022
- MISO Capacity Price Forecast PRA 2023/24 | Capacity Watch Blog November 2, 2022
- Persistent Congestion on NYISO’s Central East Interface: The End is in Sight | Congestion Watch Blog October 18, 2022
- PJM BRA 2024/25 Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog October 18, 2022
- Renewable Energy PPA Trends & Outlook | Renewables Watch Blog October 5, 2022
- RGGI Auction 57 Clears At $13.45, A 3% Drop | Emissions Watch Blog September 9, 2022
- Renewable Energy Development Challenges | Renewables Watch Blog July 19, 2022
- Supreme Court’s EPA Decision to Impact Coal Plant Retirements | Emissions News July 12, 2022
- Proposed EPA Rule Leads to Quadrupling Group 3 Ozone Season CSAPR NOx Prices | Emissions Watch Blog June 7, 2022
- RGGI Auction 56 Update: RGGI Auction Clears At $13.90 | Emissions Watch Blog June 3, 2022
- NYISO Central East Congestion to Moderate this summer | Congestion Watch Blog May 20, 2022
- ESAI Power Sponsors ACORE Renewable Energy Finance Forum | Renewables News May 17, 2022
- PJM BRA 2023/24 Capacity Price Forecast | Capacity Watch Blog May 13, 2022