Our MISO Capacity Market Service Overview
Market Analysis reports offering an in-depth 10-year supply and demand forecast on the MISO Capacity market.
Every quarter, ESAI provides updates on supply & demand fundamentals, market rule developments, & policy changes that impact MISO capacity market outcomes. This service includes:
1. Pre-Auction Briefing on the 2024/25 PRA
2. Quarterly briefing (PowerPoint) summarizing recent developments related to the MISO RA market
- Auction results
- FERC filings and rule changes
- Stakeholder discussions
3. Quarterly MISO PRA forecast update
- 10-year supply and demand outlook
- PRA price forecast
- Detailed update to the 2023/24 PRA outlook in advance of the auction, including uncertainties from the seasonal auction and accreditation rules if approved for that auction.
- Post Auction Briefing
4. MISO Generation Asset Monitor with New Capacity and Retirement Data
- Includes milestones for development projects in the queue, changes in status, and ESAI’s assessment of the probability of completion in % terms.
5. Annual Market Briefing And Update
Subscribers have access to ESAI’s analyst team for research clarifications, decision support, and responses to additional ad hoc requests as they arise. Examples of the types of requests include:
- Comments on FERC filings, complaints, or orders.
- Discussion about MISO capacity procurement strategies.
- Discussion of any specific risk factors or uncertainty affecting company decisions.
- Additional market updates and presentations to senior executives.
Download our MISO Capacity Market Service Brochure
ESAI helps investors & generation owners navigate the NYISO, PJM, ISO-NE, CAISO & MISO Capacity markets.
Read Our Capacity Watch Blog Posts
Read our Capacity WatchTM blog posts to get the latest news about the capacity markets and policy issues that impact capacity price outcomes in the PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE, MISO & CAISO power markets.