Senior Research Manager
ESAI Power is a growing economic research and consulting firm focused on North America’s Wholesale Electricity, Natural Gas, Carbon and Renewable Energy markets. Located in Wakefield, MA, the firm provides expertise that enhances transparency, competitiveness, efficiency, and transformation in the power, natural gas, capacity, renewable energy, carbon, transmission and congestion markets. ESAI serves a wide range of investor, generation owner, and utility clients through research reports, market forecasts, and custom consulting services. Founded in 2002, ESAI Power is profitable and growing aggressively. We foster a collaborative and professionally fulfilling culture within our growing team of industry experts.
ESAI Power is seeking a candidate for a Senior Research Manager position to support our growing market data and analytics business. Successful candidates will have a degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Energy & Environmental Policy, or Power Systems Engineering, and 4+ years relevant power markets experience. A sincere interest in the electricity industry, renewable energy issues, capacity and carbon markets along with an understanding of economics, excellent analytical, report writing & presentation skills are critical.
- Produce and support the production of market reports and analysis, including ESAI’s forecasts leveraging economic modeling tools and industry data sets.
- Create written briefings and reports for publishing to clients in both PDF format and PowerPoint presentations for publishing on ESAI’s client portal (currently in development) leveraging ESAI’s power market forecasts, analytical models, and power generation asset tracking databases.
- Work with ESAI’s directors and senior analysts to publish reports and work through the stages of editing and iterations of draft reports to the final published content to meet deadlines.
- Management of publishing deadlines and project staffing for written market studies for consulting clients.
- Contribute to research reports and analysis published in monthly and quarterly reports distributed to ESAI Power’s client base.
- Support consulting engagements and market studies, including taking a leadership role with analysis and report production, editing and publishing market briefings and full reports.
- Development of industry expertise and growth into a role as a leading industry expert in one or more areas.
- Development of analytical tools and techniques
- Work with very large data sets, including historical market information, detailed forecasting model results, and detailed modeling inputs.
This role is ideal for someone that is passionate about renewable energy, carbon, capacity, power & natural gas markets with a drive to innovate and grow market data and analytics research and consulting products within a growing research subscription business model.
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Energy/Environmental Policy, or Power Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience and demonstrable knowledge of some combination of the following: US wholesale electricity market, competitive energy markets, renewable energy, carbon, natural gas, long term forecasts, and environmental policy.
- Ability to create cohesive narratives (in MS Word and PowerPoint format) from disparate data sets and explain market trends from both a quantitative and qualitative point of view.
- Strong understanding of database structure, principles, and practices.
- Programming skills are required; experience with MATLAB, Python, SQL Server, Aurora, statistical software packages, or economic modeling tools is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly convey your research in writing, via data visualization, and present to clients.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to work some weekends and evenings, as needed to meet client deadlines, within a firm committed to allowing its employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Apply for the position
Thank you for your interest in ESAI Power. Please fill out the form to apply for the Senior Research Manager position with your contact data and attaching your cover letter & resume. A member of our team will get back to you within 2-3 business days.